We love reading. It is not only a great brain exercise, but also an ideal way to gain new knowledge, let your imagination loose and get lost in space and time.
Seeing as we always seek new book inspirations ourselves, we wanted to share some of our favourites with you, which will hopefully give you some quality reading time in the new year.
We have each listed our current top 5 reads so you should get a mix of genres to choose from.
Jenny prefers to read books in their physical format whilst Kris usually opts for his tablet/e-books or audio books (because he is usually cross-reading 4-5 books at any given time).
Whether you prefer reading a physical book, e-book or listen to audio books we’ve got you covered if you just follow the links in this blog.
We have included some sweet deals for you in the bottom of the post to get you all set for a good reading session. 🙂
Jen’s 5 picks
- Eat & Run by Scott Jurek – Plant based ultra runner’s story of how it all came about. From childhood to multiple record holder.
- Sapiens, a brief history of humankind by Yuval Noah Harari – A great personal reflection on how human kind has evolved to where we are today.
- The Power of Now: A guide to spiritual enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle – A life changing guide of simple steps to lead you on a spiritual journey in your day-to-day life.
- Wild Embers by Nikita Gill – An explosion of femininity, empowerment and personal growth conveyed via deep poetry which will strengthen you in becoming the best possible version of yourself.
- The China Study by T. Colin Campbell – A book based on 20-year study which examines the link between consumption of animal products and chronic illnesses. The most comprehensive nutrition and dietary study within this field to have ever been undertaken. The truth might shock some.
Kris’ 5 picks
- Harry Potter 1-7 by J.K. Rowling – In case you don’t know this one, think wizards and witches for 7 school years and a lot of personal vendettas. Kris have read them 6+ times and will soon start over again)
- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien – Hobbits, Orcs, Dragons, Dwarfs, Elves, Wizards. Do we need to say more? Okay, there is also a ring.
- Finding Ultra by Rich Roll – One man’s journey from being unhealthy and unhappy to turning his life around by facing his demons, switching to a plant based diet and undertaking some of the most gruelling endurance races in the world.
- The Alchemyst: The secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel 1-6 by Michael Scott – Fantasy at its best. Prepare to be thrown into a riveting tale where time and space has no borders or rules and meet all the heroes and villains of the past to uncover the mysteries of the world(s).
- Way of the peaceful warrior: A book that changes lives by Dan Millman – Meet a seemingly ordinary guy who is about to have his life turned upside down and learn a great deal about yourself along the way. The title is very precise and you might come out on the other side with a whole new perspective on life.
Note: We have linked all books to our Amazon Affiliate account so you can buy them easily if you wish to and help us out in the process as we will get rewarded for each purchase by Amazon – at no extra cost to you. 🙂
If you like to read on a tablet/e-reader then you can get the brand new Kindle by clicking here and to include Kindle unlimited for unlimited reading and listening with the 1st month free you can click here.
You can also trade in your old tablet for a new tablet and receive a gift card in the process towards your new purchase by clicking here.
Happy reading and let us know in the comments if you have any book recommendations for us !
Xx, Jen & Kris